The Mentor Program
The AIGA Chicago Mentor Program is a celebrated gathering of creative individuals across disciplines and industries. It offers the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals on a path towards guided growth through mentorship. We've selected 15 mentors to share their passion and expertise within a particular area of focus.
Meet our Spring Session Mentors and learn more about them here: Our Spring 2020 Mentors
We invite you to come, connect and collaborate in this 11-week Mentor Program to gain greater access to a wealth of continued education and design guidance. For more information about The Mentor Program, please visit: About The Mentor Program
How It Works
The Mentor Program: 2020 Spring Session is an 11-week program that will run from March 10, 2020 - May 20, 2020. For more information on how our program works, please visit: How the Program Works
- The Kick-Off Event is on Tuesday, March 10 from 6PM - 8:30PM
- All Mentor Sessions & Group Events will be on Wednesday evenings from 6PM - 8PM
- You will be part of a small mentor group that will attend 5 Mentor Sessions total every other week
- Private Mentor Program Group Events take place on the off weeks
- Mentors determine where their groups will meet each week
Full Program Schedule
- Tues ⟶ 3/10: Kickoff Event ✨
- Wed ⟶ 3/18: Mentor Session #1
- Wed ⟶ 3/25: Group Events
- Wed ⟶ 4/1: Mentor Session #2
- Wed ⟶ 4/8: Group Events
- Wed ⟶ 4/15: Mentor Session #3
- Wed ⟶ 4/22: Group Events
- Wed ⟶ 4/29: Mentor Session #4
- Wed ⟶ 5/6: Group Events
- Wed ⟶ 5/13: Mentor Session #5
- Wed ⟶ 5/20: Wrap Up Event
The Kick-Off Event ✨
Our Kick-Off Event on Tuesday, March 10 is one of the most important events in the program. It is where you'll have the opportunity to meet all Mentors and to ask questions.
You'll have the chance to meet with each Mentor to learn more about their topic.
- You'll be asked to select your top 3 Mentor choices.
- By the end of the evening we will begin placing participants into their Mentor Groups by order of registration until each group hits its capacity. *The earlier you register, the better chance you have at getting into your top Mentor Group choices. If your ideal group is at capacity, you may have to take your second or third choice.*
- Once you've been placed into your Mentor Group, you will meet briefly as a group that same evening to discuss the following week's plans for Mentor Session #1.
- 6:00 PM — Doors Open
- 6:30 PM — Meet The Mentors
- 7:30 PM — Sign up for your Mentor Group
- 8:00 PM — Meet Your Mentor Group
Full Program Pricing
- $50 AIGA Students & Members
- $100 Non-Members
Twitter Hashtags & Handles
Code of Conduct
By registering to attend this event, you agree to abide by AIGA Chicago Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct may be found here.
Special thanks to:
Edwin & Ryan from Mondo Machine for their video resources and time shooting our mentor videos, to Guerrero for sharing their workspace to shoot all of our mentor videos, to all of our Spring Mentors for dedicating their time, to One Design Company for creating our program branding, to Megan Jackson for the animations and to Flatiron School for sharing their space for our Kick-Off event.
Additional thanks to our AIGA Mentor Committee: Leslie Presto, Ray Lasky, Janelle Pluta, Melody Pohla, Hayley Gallet, Crystal Bahena, Larissa Krysiek, Phil Brown, Emily Fairchild, Chelsea Weis, Megan Jackson, Michael Green, Kelly Knaga and Buddy Boor for creating and producing the overall vision and experience of this program.