Director of Operations
AIGA, the professional association for design, is committed to advancing design as a professional craft, strategic advantage and vital cultural force. The Chicago Chapter of AIGA is seeking a full-time Director of Operations.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
The Director of Operations works closely with the chapter President, Vice President, Board Members and the AIGA staff in the national office. He or she is responsible for AIGA Chicago’s administration, organization and board development, as well as oversight of: programming, sponsorship, finances, membership, education, community outreach and communications.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
Firm commitment to the mission and principles of AIGA
Demonstrated experience with chapter-based/non-profit management including:
• Working with and/or managing a board of directors
• Managing and overseeing finances
• Developing and maintaining organizational systems
• Planning and executing large scale events
• Cultivating sponsor partnerships
High degree of comfort in a collaborative and volunteer-based environment where managing simultaneous projects and prioritization is critical.
Comprehensive experience working with design professionals as well as community members, business and civic leaders and volunteers.
• Direct leadership/administrative experience with AIGA at a national and/or local level, including chapter management
• Successful fundraising experience, including identifying and pursuing grant opportunities, preparing grant proposals and assisting with planning and coordinating fundraising events
The Director of Operations is required to attend evening chapter events and monthly board meetings along with committee meetings and periodic chapter meetings such as roundtables and planning retreats.
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.