6:30 to 8:30 PM – Mentor Program Kick-off
This is a free event.
About the AIGA Chicago Mentor Program
The AIGA Chicago Mentorship Program is a place where creatives from across disciplines gather to share insights, experiences and resources. It’s a great place to make new connections, exchange inspiration and even collaborate on a project or two.
How it Works
Sessions of the mentor program are held over the course of 10 weeks. The program meets each week, alternating between events with the entire program and your mentor groups. There are five groups within the program, each focusing on something different:
- Portfolio Improvement Looking for a job or just looking to polish up your portfolio? If you need another set of eyes on your work, this is the group for you. We work on portfolios, resumes, and cover letters.
- Professional Development Feeling good about your portfolio, but looking to improve your workplace and professional skills? Join our professional development group, which works on skills like presenting your work and communication.
- Be a Better Freelancer This group, led by a working freelancer, helps those currently freelancing build better skills, or those looking to freelance with ways to get started.
- Group Project If you want to work together with a group of designers to make something awesome, join us! We work together to write a creative brief, design, and produce a project. Past groups projects have been exhibited at session wrap up parties.
- Hanging Out The hangout group is a great way to dip your toes in the design community and meet some new people. This group is pretty flexible, sometimes attending events around the city together or just grabbing a drink and chatting design.
Groups are comprised of professionals from a spectrum of creative fields and career levels. Our past participants have included professionals from interaction designers to illustration, and from students to art directors. By the way, the program is free for AIGA members and non-members alike.
Get in touch
Have questions? Hit up our Mentorship Chair, Monina Velarde, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter Hashtags & Handles
Please consider joining AIGA to support our programs and initiatives.
Special thanks to Special thanks to our AIGA Chicago Mentor Program Committee: Ashley Bedore, Bridget Hapner and Johnny Mei for helping organize this session, VSA Partners for hosting us & Someoddpilot for the graphic.