STORY CONFERENCE COMES TO THE HARRIS THEATER
The sixth annual STORY Conference for 1,500 creative professionals is coming to the Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Chicago on October 2-3, 2014. The purpose of the event is to “fuel the creative class” with two days of keynotes, performances and opportunities to connect with other designers, creative directors, writers, filmmakers, performers, photographers and entrepreneurs.
Some of this year’s presenters include:
• Welby Altidor – Director of creation at Cirque Du Soleil
• Sarah Lewis – Author of Rise: Creativity, the Gift of Failure, and the Search for Mastery
• Jonah Lehrer – Best-selling author of Imagine, and How We Decide
• Tony Hale – Emmy winning actor in Arrested Development and HBO’s Veep
• Josh Boone – Director of The Fault in Our Stars in theaters in June
• Melissa Weigel – Director of multimedia at Moment Factory in Montreal
• Malcolm London – Poet, activist, and teaching artist at Young Chicago Authors
• And many others
The best rate for the event ends April 30. Save $40 by using code AIGA at story.eventbrite.com.
The theme for STORY 2014 is “Creators, Dreamers & Storytellers,” which is meant to inspire attendees with the greater significance of their creative work. You can find out more about STORY by visiting www.StoryChicago.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.