AIGA Chicago is now accepting proposals, due Friday, March 25th.
AIGA Chicago is committed to creating opportunities for design students to engage with the broader creative community. This spring, the chapter is offering two Boost Grants of up to $750 each for active student groups, which they can use to help bring projects of their design to fruition.
Past recipients have included the AIGA Student Group at College of DuPage,fund their 2015 Ace Student Design and Photography Awards, and University of Illinois at Chicago, who put the funds from their Boost Grant toward its Connect Four initiative.
Active student groups are invited to submit proposals for projects that employ design in meaningful, community-oriented ways—whether it’s exposing budding student talent to the Chicago professional sector, or fostering social change through design.
Eligibility, Requirements & Stipulations:
- AIGA Chicago will accept submissions from any active student group affiliated with the Chicago chapter of AIGA. Active groups are groups with 10 or more members and a faculty advisor who has completed the annual agreement.
- The proposed project must be completed (printed, published, or otherwise made public) before June 31, 2016.
- Projects must be accessible to the Chicago design community, not just students of the hosting group’s institution.
- Please prepare a line item budget demonstrating how grant funds will be used to cover project costs. *Note, funds may not be used to purchase food or alcohol for events.
- If you are a grant recipient, AIGA Chicago will ask that you share the results of your work via images, text, or presentations to the board.
- If you are a grant recipient, you must provide receipts of all purchases related to project. Any funds not verifiably spent on project may need to be returned to AIGA Chicago.
- Complete the application before Friday, March 25th, 2016.
- Create a single PDF (no larger than 10mb) containing visuals that help convey the context of your project. Label all images with title, author, media and date. In your file, please also include your school, faculty advisor, student group leader and contact details for both. Submit this file via email by Friday, March 25th to email@example.com.