AIGA Chicago Push Grant
We know how it is. An idea sparks, and you flesh it out a little. Then you see how much it’s going to cost, and you drop it like a hot potato. We understand. That’s why AIGA Chicago is pleased to announce the Quarterly AIGA Chicago Push Grant; a little something extra to help push you forward and finish your project. As a chapter, we are committed to supporting the Chicago design community in both big and little ways. We see this grant as an opportunity to have more of an effect on more of our members more often. Four times a year, AIGA Chicago will award a $400 AIGA Push Grant to a different member of our design community. The grant is designed to directly offset the cost of materials needed to see your idea become reality.
Let’s get pushing together.
Download the Application here
Send completed appplication to: email@example.com
In order to be considered for an AIGA Chicago Push Grant, your project must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Serve current AIGA Chicago members and support AIGA’s Mission statement
- Expand AIGA’s visibility to non-members, affiliate organizations, and sponsors, thus, building our AIGA Chicago community
- Promote design in Chicago and to the general public
In order to consider your proposal, we will need the following information:
- A description of who you are, what you do, what you are seeking, and why you seek it
- A concise 1-page description of how your request meets the required criteria stated above
- A detailed breakdown of the costs associated with your project including a fully itemized materials list
Once you are awarded the grant, there are a couple of things that you must do in return:
- All final projects must exhibit a “Made Possible With Support From AIGA Chicago” logo, which we will furnish to you. If it’s a print piece, the logo must be on it. If it’s a digital piece, the logo must appear. If it’s an event, the logo must be on signage and/or promotional materials.
- Provide AIGA Chicago documentation of the project and dates surrounding the release of the work. This will help us promote your work ahead of time (if you desire) and also allow us to talk about the great work our members have done on a case study section of the AIGA Chicago web site.
Once your proposal is submitted:
Each quarter all applications will go through a review process and be brought to the AIGA Board for a final vote. All applicants will be notified when the review process will be completed and whether or not they were selected for the awarded grant. Through a competitive, peer-review process, grants will be awarded per quarter, to provide support that aligns with the mission of the AIGA.
2013 application deadlines: